SUSTAINABILITY PLAN FOR INDUSTRY COMPETITIVENESS IN THE STATE OF SANTA CATARINA (BRAZIL)
Integrated Actions in the Social-Environmental Area - SUSTAINABLE INDUSTRY - STRONGER ECONOMY
Social-environmental responsibility is a global concern, fundamental to the quality of life of present and future generations.
Taking into consideration social, economic and environmental aspects, the Santa Catarina Federation of Industries System – FIESC believes that the adoption of efficient environmental management systems that enable social responsibility and the sustainable use of natural resources may generate growth, development and increased competitiveness for the industry in the state of Santa Catarina.
- To contribute to the sustainable development of the industry in the State of Santa Catarina.
- Tripod of sustainability: economic, social and environmental factors
- Integrated actions from entities within FIESC.
- Affiliated industrial unions, industries and other entities within the industry of Santa Catarina.
- Disseminate and internalize the concept and the importance of sustainability in the production process;
- To support in an integrated manner the adoption of social-environmental practices in the industry;
- Create a center for strategic information on the topic;
- Publish reports on social and environmental good practices within FIESC and in the industries in Santa Catarina.
MAIN AREAS OF OPERATION
- Promotion of sustainability
- Energy: Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Climate: Climate Change and Natural Disasters
- Cleaner Production
- Water Resources
- Biodiversity and Forests
- Solid Waste
- Risk Management and Reputation
- Management of Social Impacts
- Management of Organizational Environment
- Management Tools and Standards of Corporate Responsibility
- Industrial Benchmarking
- Supply Chain Development Program
- Project Development and Management
- Communication for Sustainability
- Institutional Actions